Skip to main content

New sonos Roam, hardly used it yet.  Charged it up, came to use it properly and would not switch on.  Assume no charge.  Plugged into Apple usb c charger so plenty of charging capacity.  All I have is a full orange light.  Cannot switch on and the app can’t see it?  Is this a fault or am I just being an idiot? (Be kind) 🙂. Also note when I unplug the device I get a flashing orange light?  That suggests overheating? But that can’t be it’s not been used!!  When I first got it, I synced up to my app played a couple of tunes etc, so this is not a first time install it did work.  

Can you perhaps post an image showing the power-output details on the charger.

I'm having the exact same issue....Sonos Roam less then 3 weeks old and only used once.

Went out of town for a week and left unplugged. When I came back, unit was unresponsive when I tried to power on, so I plugged in to charge. Immediately got the solid orange light..changing to blinking orange when I unplug.

I've tried on 2.4A and 4.2A blocks.

I'm having the exact same issue....Sonos Roam less then 3 weeks old and only used once.

Went out of town for a week and left unplugged. When I came back, unit was unresponsive when I tried to power on, so I plugged in to charge. Immediately got the solid orange light..changing to blinking orange when I unplug.

I've tried on 2.4A and 4.2A blocks.

You will likely need to leave the Roam on charge for about 20 mins+ with the 5v/2.4A charger to get the device to show - so try that. I think the 4.2A block is a little too high power-output to use.

Jeez, if sonos was going to make the charging so delicate...they probably should have included a block.