Answered

Sonos Roam now refuses to switch on

Hi,

I’ve had my Roam up and running about a year.  However, I let the battery run down and now the unit refuses to switch on.

I charged the Roam back up by plugging in the cable. The light was solid orange the whole time while charging and now the light is off (which I assume means the battery is full?). I used the official Sonos plug (10w) to charge the unit.

However, when I hold the units back on/off button down nothing happens and the speaker appears to be off still. It also no longer appears in the Sonos app so I’m very sure the unit is off.

Is there anything else I can do? Is the unit broken?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by supernashwan 30 May 2022, 11:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Try a long-press on the rear power button 20s or so, until you see the status LED light up… if no joy then place on charger for approx. 30 mins and try the long-press option again.

@Ken_Griffiths thanks for the suggestion, however tried both and still no joy. Nothing happens when I press the rear power button that long.

This is more for anyone else that has the same problem:

I contacted Sonos support and they advised to factory reset the unit.  This I was told is done by:

Holding down the Play/Pause button

Then pressing and quickly releasing the power button

Then continue to hold the Play/Pause button ~20 seconds.

However, for me this didn’t fix my problem so I think I have a fault.

This is more for anyone else that has the same problem:

I contacted Sonos support and they advised to factory reset the unit.  This I was told is done by:

Holding down the Play/Pause button

Then pressing and quickly releasing the power button

Then continue to hold the Play/Pause button ~20 seconds.

However, for me this didn’t fix my problem so I think I have a fault.

The factory reset options are listed here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096

However in your particular case I would ignore the FR process and try to reset the PID by long presses (15-20s+) on the Riams rear power button intermingled with placing it on its charger for an hour and try rinse/repeat, until it hopefully springs back into life. If you have a 5v/3A USB charger give that a go too.