Answered

Sonos Roam not going into bluetooth mode

• 17 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I’m traveling with my Sonos Roam and can’t get the Bluetooth function to work. I’ve had it for a few years so it’s set up on the Sonos app (on my home WiFi network) and I have used it as a Bluetooth device in the past. I’ve read every post I could find and nothing has worked. As others have mentioned, I can’t connect it to my hotel’s wifi because the login requires a room number ( not a password). Might anyone have a suggestion?

I usually travel with a cheap JBL Bluetooth speaker and I’ve never had an issue .. I brought the Sonos to treat myself as I’m gong for a long stretch. 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 February 2024, 14:00

View original

1 reply

Usually, if I’m unable to get Bluetooth to work when it has before, I reboot the sending device. In my case, that is either an iPhone, or an iPad. I don’t think I’ve ever needed to reboot a Roam , but if you do such a thing, make sure you just power cycle it and not factory reset it, which will wipe any previous data from it, and require you to set it up again on your home network before Bluetooth will work again.