Question

Sonos Roam Disconnects Bluetooth and Freezes Every Time Certain Online Videos are Played

• 5 October 2022
  • 0 replies

Badge +1

I like to use my Roam as a computer speaker. I have issues where Sonos bluetooth frequently disconnects. What seems to trigger the disconnection is when while listening to music on a music player or web-browser and I play a second audio stream on some web videos on any browser (usually Twitter video) all my audio mutes and Sonos freezes and becomes unresponsive. The only way to reconnect is a hard Roam reboot.

The issue only happens on Windows 10 (I tested two Windows 10 computers). The issue does not happen with Sonos Move or other bluetooth devices (airpods or UE speaker), only the Sonos Roam. I was sent a new Roam by Sonos, and both the old and new Roam have the same glitch.

Try to reproduce the error on Windows 10 yourself. It happens every time I play this video with another audio stream running in the background. I would say about 50% of the videos off Twitter trigger this same issue.

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1555221890372861952

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.