Sonos roam dead after not quite 2 years of use

• 13 August 2023
  • 4 replies

My sonos roam just stopped in the middle of a song. It was on the charging base. Thought it was the base that was not working properly so I ordered a usb cable. I let the sonos charge long enough but was not able to turn it on after many attempts using the technician’s recommendations. I was offered a rebate on a new Sonos as long as I return the system no charge. 
However, since I am very disappointed in my purchase, I am not eager to buy another Sonos! This company was recommended to me by a friend, but I do not think they live up  to expectations, mine anyway. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Nicole V 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear of the problems you’ve have with your Roam, and it’s certainly not the experience we’d want you to have with your Sonos products.

I recommend you get back in touch, quoting the case number you were given the last time (if you don’t have a record of it, please DM me and I’ll let you know in that less-public space) - I think it will be in your interest to do so.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Corry P for your reply. I will certainly get back in touch later this week, if it can help my case. 
I understand that when a reputation is at stake, a good company will care. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

For your next Sonos consider adding a Sonos extended warranty from the Sonos Shopping page.

Sonos is usually pretty good about helping folks beyond the original warranty but that adds more time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Whereas I never add extended warranties and feel they're a total rip off.  I also feel that publicly Sonos don't seem too generous with responding to out of warranty cases but do get the feeling they treat users differently behind the scenes if they're calm, understanding and know their actual rights are usually way beyond what a manufacturer deems sufficient..