Sonos Roam Bluetooth Issues

• 25 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Trying to use Sonos Roam via Bluetooth is a nightmare.

The initial connection is complicated. The speaker doesn't know if it should be in pairing mode, or turn itself off.

Once connected, keeping it connected is a circus. It will work for a minute and then cut out. Sometimes pushing the play button on the speaker will wake it up. Sometime pushing play on whatever app is playing music will wake it up. Sometime pushing the power button on the speaker will wake it up. SOMETIMES the phone says it's connected to the speaker, music is playing, but no sound is coming from the speaker.

Apps in use were Spotify and Pandora. Also connected to the phone was a Whoop. Unless there's any good ideas here, I'm thinking of returning it and just stick with my old Wonderboom.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Well when using spotify if i choose Roam it tends to disconnect or mess with the volume, but if I use airplay and connect to the speaker directly this tends to resolve the sound problem disconnecting, this may only work when on wifi as not tested bluetooth and currently my Roam isn’t working so also thinking of sending it back

likewise, getting my Mac book to reconnect with bluetooth is a nightmare.   Have to reconnect constantly.  I can connect through bluetooth but it will not become my Audio source.  Speaker is basically useless for why I bought it.