Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Roam as bluetooth source in network system

• 6 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I have 3 sonos amps (wired) and 1 sonos roam (wifi) in my system. Everything works together when streaming from online sources. However, when I connect the roam to bluetooth the roam works fine until I try to add in the other amps. At this point the bluetooth source stops and no further playback occurs. This used to work very well and now it is not working. Is this a result of the app upgrade that took place or something else? How can I get my roam working as a bluetooth source again?

2 replies

It should still be working, although I’ve not tried this myself. At the least, have you tried power cycling the Roam, as well as the Amps, to force them all to reload their respective firmware OS? 

If so, I’d recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Will not register as an available devise on my samsung phone