Answered

Sonos Roam

• 18 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Sooo Frustrated; Plz Help?

Sonos Roam stopped playing sound..

While I could connect/disconnect, & speaker would make connection sounds- no music nor media would play..Checked Bluetooth device settings connection on phone= Everything correct & ph said connected/playing sound thru speaker..

(It wasn't)

1st tried to turn off & on=

Reconnected/Disconnect sounds, but still no sound thru speaker..

I unpaired on phone, disconnected from powersourse, turned speaker off & on=

Wht light blinking, but Bluetooth Scan could no longer find speaker..

*I completed factory reset.. etc.

I'd turn it on, white light would blink, then eventually green light blink & stay blinking

*Held down power for 2secs to put into pairing, but could Not get into pairing mode??(No blue blinking light)..

Tried to hold down power for 5secs & wait for "chime"= Sonos no longer makes ANY sounds @ All..Although appears to still shutdown after 5secs..

Tried Factory reset again, tried everything I can think or find, but here we are=>

STUCK.. No 5sec. Chimes, Turn on & off, & does same thing= 1ST Wht light blinks, then switches to green, but CANNOT get into pairing mode?? Hold down power on turns off/on, but NO pairing mode/no chimes, etc

What can I do, PLESE? SOOO Frustrated..

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 September 2023, 20:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Seems like you’re in some odd ‘factory reset’ mode, something all of us recommend against doing unless instructed directly by Sonos. At this point, I think your best avenue for recovery is to contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thank you Bruce,

Yeah, I've had to do this before (factory reset), but chime nvr stopped working, & I was able to re-pair & reconnect in the past..Although it had also been troublesome, Nvr had "this" issue.

**After I'd posted above msg., & bf I saw your response, it got worse:( Even tho chime wasn't/isn't working, I'd held power button for 5secs, & it "appeared" to shutdown...

I set it ontop it's wireless charger, planned to mess w/ it later & wanted to keep it charged, & walked away for an hr…

I came back to the green light blinking again..(turned itself back on)

I left it for a short bit (30mins?), & started doing more research. I went to go check it again, & found the light on solid red & really hot...

I disconnected from power, & shut it down again..

IDK WTHekk mode it's in, but will won't do anything except the wht light blink, then green light blink..That's it..

I'll try to contact Sonos support again..IF I don't throw the damn thing thru the window 1st, lol.

Thank you for your response, Bruce:)

**If anyone else has any ideas, plz let me know? 

**I'll post a soln. if (& when) Sonos gives me 1, or find it somewhere else. Might be completely broke, IDK? I've had for 2yrs., & nvr seen this..

Oops, meant to hit "👍🏻", not the answer "✔️"? How do I "undo"?

Seems like you’re in some odd ‘factory reset’ mode, something all of us recommend against doing unless instructed directly by Sonos. At this point, I think your best avenue for recovery is to contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Sorry, meant to hit thumbs up,(👍🏻) not the checkmark(✔️)..

Thanks for your response, Bruce. I'll try to contact Sonos again..

Sonos walked me thru factory reset a couple of times, previously. Owned for 2 yrs & had several issues, but not this. Factory reset nvr posed issues for me in the past..

BF I saw your response:

Chime wasn't working, but still thought it shutdown. (5sec. hold) Appeared to anyway?.. Placed it ontop of it's wireless charger & walked away for 1.5hrs.

*I'd wanted it to be charged for my nxt attempt @ troubleshooting..

Came back to find it on solid red light & hot. (turned itself back on & overheated)

Immediately disconnected power & shut back down..Ugggh..

*I'll post answer if Sonos can figure it out, or if I find 1 elsewhere..

**Not sure how to unclick your answer, plz let me know if you do? But I do appreciate your response..