Answered

sonos move stereo pair issue

• 2 April 2023
  • 8 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I cant connect my two sonos move together, whenever i try too, it would only connect with ine and the other won't show until i switched it off or change it into Bluetooth mode before the second one can connect

icon

Best answer by jgatie 2 April 2023, 17:41

View original

8 replies

Are there any other SONOS units in your system? Are both of those moves new?

I don't have any other sonos unit and both move are new

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Have you set them up on the same wifi, or did you create a new system when you added the second? 

I set up both device on the same WiFi network. And i don't know maybe I'm adding them the wrong way but after successfully adding the first device, i clicked on add product for the second one but it won't show the widget on the app unless i switch off the first one

I normally don’t recommend Factory Reset, but since these units are new and you probably haven’t invested much time registering music services and such, I recommend Factory Reset of both units and uninstalling the controller(s). You should install the S2 controller.

I prefer powering up the units one by one as I add them to the system. Add one unit and work with this unit for a little while to make sure that your system is stable. Now, power up the second unit and add it to the system. Take care as you do this because it’s too easy to pick the wrong option and build a second system. This is likely the mess that you are fussing with now. As you add these units, give them arbitrary, different room names. For example: “KitchenA” and “KitchenB”. This trick can be useful for future administrative chores.

Now, you can build a stereo pair. There will only be one Room visible in the controllers after pairing and you can give it your preferred name, perhaps “Kitchen”.

In the future, as you add additional players, there will be more “Rooms”.

It would appear that you have them set up as two different systems.    Factory reset the device which doesn't show up in the app.  Then follow the instructions to add a new product to an existing Sonos system.

All of this is good information. However, the Sonos throw down is to blame the router. Nothing in the house has router issues and frankly, I don’t think Sonos does either. I think there are bugs in the systems that make this a recurring problem. To think that I just purchased another Move and now it looks like I have to jump through hoops to get them to work together. Very disappointing for such a pricy speaker.

I’d certainly disagree with that conclusion. Probably well north of 90% of issues people have here with Sonos devices boil down to router issue, and the fact that Sonos exercises networking at a substantially higher frequency than most devices.