Answered

Sonos Move & S1 controller connection issues

• 27 December 2020
  • 5 replies

I have major S1 controller “Not connected”, “Your Sonos product was not found” issues.

I have an existing S1 system with 2 Play 5’s (Gen1), 3 Play1’s, Beam and Boost. I was given a Move for Christmas and have spent 2 days trying to connect it to the S1 controller. I have tried every suggestion on the forums (latest software, device, handset and router reboots and resets, various IOS and Android controllers tried, moving nearer the router etc) but always end up with the “Not connected error”.

The Move connects quite happily to the S2 controller.

I then decided to see if the sound of a couple of Play 1’s in the room the Play 5’s are would be OK (they’re not as it’s quite a large room). Unfortunately, during this process I switched the two Play 1’s to the S2 controller (I was testing them with the Move). However, I cannot reconnect them back to the S1 controller. Exactly the same issue as with the Move “Not connected”, “Your Sonos product was not found”. What is really perplexing is that the Play 1’s will still not connect even if I connect them directly to the router with an Ethernet cable.

Just to top it all, as a last resort, I decided to delete and reinstall the S1 controller app on my iPhone. I now have exactly the same issue as with the speakers ie the phone cannot connect “Not connected”, “Your Sonos product was not found”.

The other controllers (my wifes phone, tablet etc) continue to quite happily control both the S1 and S2 networks. The S2 controller on my phone continues to work fine.

I am at a complete loss.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Jhalt 11 January 2021, 14:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

See if the issue mentioned on the Sonos status page is related to your issue:

https://status.sonos.com

I would also try switching off ‘Private Address” on your iOS device WiFi network connection property settings and see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes the IOS 14.2 issuetripped me up to start with, however, I updated to IOS 14.3 and also tried an android controller without any success. 

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes the IOS 14.2 issuetripped me up to start with, however, I updated to IOS 14.3 and also tried an android controller without any success. 

Maybe try a reboot of the local router and see if that helps to resolve the matter.

Thanks for the suggestion. Already tried rebooting all devices. 

Just a quick thank you for those who made suggestions.

For information, the issue was finally resolved after 3 hours onto Support.

What I learnt;

1. Move needs to connect to WiFi network (WM:1). As I have a boost in the system, the system was all on “ethernet” (WM:0). Home WiFi had to be set up for Move to work.
  2. IPv4 configuration; Primary DNS manually set to 8.8.8.8