Answered

Sonos Move Keeps Removing itself from App

• 24 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi, I purchased a Sonos Move a few weeks ago. Currently, my Sonos system consists of: Play 5 (Gen1), One SL, One, Boost, Play:1. The move was working great until about a week ago. All of the sudden it just keeps dropping out of my controller App. This happens every morning when I wake up, it is gone and at least 1 or 2 times throughout the day it just stops playing and drops off. I have to hold the power button in on the unit to reset. Once it boots up, then it is shown on the network in the app. This is super annoying. I am not sure what happened to it as we didn’t change anything. How can we fix it? We are using the S1 controller app until we update the Play 5.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 10 March 2021, 14:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @skilletz717, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos Community. We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern. We’re sorry that your experience didn’t match your expectations. Let me help you out. The Sonos Move connects to your WiFi network, it can be placed into sleep mode to reduce battery usage and disable the touch controls when off the charging base. To wake up your Move, press and release the power button or place Move on the charging base.

Let me ask a few questions and will give some suggestions on some troubleshooting steps that you can follow.

1. Any changes on the network like a new router? New WiFi name and password?
  2. What’s the LED light status of your Sonos Move when you power it back on?
  3. How far is the Sonos Move from the router/Boost/Acces Point?

Please submit a diagnostic report for us to check your current Sonos system. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. We’ll wait for your reply.

I have the same problem. After much research, spotting a YouTube video on this too, I saw a gentleman using the Sonos S2 app ‘Living Room +1’. This turns out to be The Move! So, why couldn’t I get ‘+1’ on my app? Easy, manually label in Settings-System list the Move as ‘Living Room+1’ IGNORE THE PROMPT TO MAKE IT ‘LIVING ROOM 2 ’’! This made the link a bit better. However, it still occasionally drops out of the system? I have also noticed the S2 app double logs into the BT Halo 3 Network - going on and off visually before settling down. Also, what I found annoying is when you switch the quiet muting icon on and off, you get an annoying message to tell you it’s on or off, delaying you from controlling the volume when you have it too loud or quiet -  in a rush to control it! This lapse delay is extremely repetitive and annoying. The only way to get the Move to behave I believe is to reset the whole system yet again? Maybe then it will stay linked?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Chillman789 

The name of a room in the Sonos app makes no difference as to whether it will show as connected in the app. In 99% of cases, this is caused by networking issues. Please switch your router off for at least 30 seconds and switch back on. If you have any WiFi boosters or extenders, please turn these off for testing.

If this doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

Resetting an entire Sonos system is never the answer. 

This is not a network issue. Been having the same problem as of 3 firmware updates and 3 app updates ago! To the point I made a static IP for the Move and still refuses to connect back to network after being powered off for more then 3 days! Now I can't even get it back on the network for it to be visible on the app! Fix the damn problem or why the hell did I spend 300 plus $ on a product that have both firmware and software problems because the company can't push out proper updates and blames it on network problems! I'm an IT end electronics engineer, network is not the problem your software and firmware is FIX IT! and this is not an issue with the playbar, sub and rear 2 speakers I have in 5.1 set up. Also telling me this is a problem with the move!