Answered

Sonos Move Keeps needing to be re-added to my system

• 7 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, I’m having a very strange issue with my Sonos move. The speaker will be working just fine and then out of the blue it appears to be no longer part of my system. It has never removed itself while it was playing, but one time the battery died,when I put it back on the charge my app asked me if I wanted to “add move” to my system. As if it was brand new. This also happens when I don’t use my Sonos system for a few days. I go to play music and the Move is the only speaker that is not playing and the app sees it as new again and wants me to add it. The second part of the problem comes in when I try to add it back to the system. The speaker plays it’s chime and the phone hears it but when I press the join button, nothing happens. I’ve tried multiple times. The only way to get the speaker to rejoin my network and app is to do a factory reset. After this, I can join it up and use it for a few days. This has happened 3 or 4 times now and is VERY annoying. Please help.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 7 July 2023, 11:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @pdonath 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

A speaker can only be added to a system if it has a flashing green light, which it only gets after performing a reset, so you would indeed need to reset the speaker before being able to add it to your system.

Obviously, however, you should not be needing to do this at all - the app should not be prompting you to add a speaker again. The next time the Move is missing from your system, and before trying to fix it, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. I recommend a call in the first instance.

Before calling, it might be worth rebooting your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds, which may help.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sounds like the Move is switching beteen 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi connection, and your router is too stupid to handle this correctly. You could verify this by temporarily disabling 5GHz on your router.