Question

Sonos Move has Disappeared

• 17 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I have had a sonos move for 2 weeks (since 04/07/2020) and until yesterday all appeared to be working fine.

This morning I noticed the Move was no longer showing on my App. However, I could play music through it using Alexa.

I searched on the forum and one of the suggestions was to re-set by opening off for 5 seconds then holding the connect button until I see the orange light.

I have done this and the app finds the “new” product and gets to the wireless set up. I have entered the correct password but it is not able to connect to the WiFi for some reason.

I then deleted my WiFi network from the App and set it up again and all my other speakers are happily connected.

I reset the move again and went through the same process, ensured the password was correct and still unable to join.

I am now unable to even play through Alexa.

Also, The move is 2 meters away from the Router so I don’t think that should be causing the issue.

Please help!

Diagnostic: 134107060

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @leeparkers.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and submitting the diagnostic report.

Base on the diagnostic report the Alexa had not yet been added in the Sonos application.

Also for the Sonos move, it is still not yet been registered properly. I suggest to power off the device for 1 minute.

After that, there should be a speaker saying unregistered product and just follow the steps showing on the screen.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hello

Thanks for your advice. Alexa had all ready been set up and the product registered. The Move had been working fine for two weeks.

I spoke online to one of the Sonos team and they helped me fix the issue by finding a missing speaker rather than setting up a new product.

So I have got the Move back on line. However it has disappeared again from my Samsung App. I can still access it through Alexa and also on the Sonos app on my son's kindle.

Is there any way I can get it back onto my Samsung App without the hassle of resetting it again?

Is there any known issue why it keeps disappearing from my Samsung App?

Many Thanks, Lee

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @leeparkers.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community

Reply here with the diagnostic number and I'll take a look.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.