SONOS Move cuts out on bluetooth connection often

• 20 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Wow,

I received a SONOS Move for Christmas 2020.  I set up a SONOS account.  Annoying, but  required.  The sound quality is really good.  So good that when I read that you can stereo pair 2 MOVES, I bought a second one.  Then I discover that it only works using WIFI and service.  Disappointed - but buyer beware!

I hoped to stereo pair with my bluetooth, but nope.  It can’t do it.  So I have two bluetooth speakers that sound really good.

If the SONOS Move would play my bluetooth songs I would be happy.  I notice that the speaker stops playing briefly ( maybe a half of second ) every so often,  I read all the comments and suggestions that offer guidance to solve my own problem.

Today I documented 100 minutes of SONOS playing bluetooth.  Ten times in 100 minutes the sound dropped.  Disappointing.  The Move cannot even play bluetooth.

To compare I tested my old $50 bluetooth speaker on the same bluetooth player.  No drop out of sound for two hours.  If that speaker sounded better I would listen to it full time.

The Move and bluetooth player were fully charged and were never more than 2 meters apart.  Same for my cheap speaker.  The only difference was the cheap speaker performed flawlessly.

I am not impressed and was disappointed.

d.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Is this the case for both MOVE’s or is one MOVE more likely to drop than the other?

Are you able to use Airplay 2?

Badge

Buzz,

Don’t know about Airplay 1 or Airplay 2.  Apple apps?  I will test the other Move tomorrow.

d.

Sonos has never supported AirPlay (1), only AirPlay 2.

Yes, AirPlay 2 is part of all Apple operating systems (MacOS and iOS)

Badge

Bruce,

Thanks.  I have never used an apple product that I know.

Follow up.  I listened to the other Move speaker (#2) through the same bluetooth player today for about eight hours.  I heard two drop outs.  One in the morning and one in the afternoon.  Much lower frequency.

I set up in two locations.  One with Move on the charger and the player about a  meter away.   The second location, outdoors, was bigger.  I walked the speaker out of the player BT range twice.

I was impressed.  The player dropped back to local speaker.  When I brought the Move to the player, it seamlessly attached to the player.  Good job.

d.