Answered

sonos move completely unresponsive

• 21 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello my Sonos Move (1st gen.) stopped showing up on in my Airplay menu on my apple decices.

The Sonos app is also no longer able to connect to it.

All of the buttons are unresponsive as well…

I tried switching it in to bluethoot but it doesn’t react when I press the button.

I tried powering it down but this also doesn’t work even if I hold the power button for a long time.

It seems to be turned on becaus it is on the charger and the light indicators are on.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 21 September 2023, 13:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Is it showing up on your router info? - showing as connected to wifi? I only ask as I had a similar issue this morning with one of my Era 300s (one of a stereo pair). It was showing up on my router as connected and could even play the music already queued to them both. Just would not show on my app. After rebooting it didn’t work, I then rebooted another sonos speaker and low and behold - it showed up again and was fine. I have no idea why this happened.

If it’s completely locked up and you cannot power it off by long pressing the rear (top) power button for 5 seconds, or longer, (whilst it’s off it’s charger), then first maybe either wait to see if it powers off after 30+ minutes of inactivity (again leave it off the charger and do not open the Sonos App) or perhaps consider removing it’s battery for 30 seconds as outlined in this Sonos support link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/replace-the-battery-in-your-sonos-move

It can be done quite easily with a hex screwdriver, or Allen key and it does not invalidate any existing warranty if you follow the guide.

A further alternative is to wait until the battery level becomes so low that the device powers off, but that may take quite some time.

If problems still persist, then it maybe best to submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App and either note/post it’s reference back here and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

try this