Answered

Sonos Era 100 pair stuttering on bluetooth

• 3 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi guys,

I've tried google for the answer but all of them couldn't answer my question. I've bought a pair of Sonos Era 100 recently and would like to use it for my desktop setup (in my bedroom) via bluetooth. I use my L for the main speaker for the bluetooth connection and set up the R in the Sonos App and made it a stereo set.

However, whenever I'm watching a movie/listening to spotify music, the R speaker keep having the issue of breaking off for like 1 sec and reconnects back but the L speaker works just fine.

I've tried reset, unplugging and waiting for 10s and none of it works. The closest answer I've found online is move the speaker closed to the bluetooth source, which is my CPU and its directly next to my R speaker.

Any inputs are welcome, thanks guys!

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 4 September 2023, 10:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @DannyChan, welcome to the Sonos Community!

As a test, if you break the stereo pair, does the right speaker still experience drop-outs? What happens when you swap the left and right speakers by un-pairing and pairing in the app?

Bluetooth can be effected by wireless interference, so I would suggest having a look into our article on reducing wireless interference.

I’d also suggest trying with a different device or moving the speaker to a different location/room to see if that resolves the issue.

If the above don’t help, then I would recommend submitting a diagnostics when this issue occurs again and reaching out to our support team who have the necessary tools to troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps!