Answered

set up and no sound from speakers?

• 6 October 2023
  • 8 replies

I’m just setting up my new Sonos Roam, and I can’t get any sound out I’d the speaker? 
( but there is more volume from my iPhone?) what have I done wrong? 

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 9 October 2023, 16:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Does the Roam work with the rest of your Sonos system, assuming you have one?

Note that a Roam needs to be set up on a network first before you can pair it with your phone using Bluetooth.

Great that worked! Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Settings/System/roomname, then scroll down to Volume Limit. If it’s On, click the > and move the slider to 100%. 

Hi tried that, but it still seems much quieter than the demo in the shop. I think that I altered a volume setting when I was trying to set it up, is this possible? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Have you set a volume limit? Check using the Sonos app. 

I think this is my problem, but don’t know how to do it?

Yes many thanks, 

I think that I was just being too hasty, and it connected up successfully a bit later. I panicked!

But the volume is rather low, I use the volume control on the device, but it is quieter than I hoped, and I wonder if I changed any settings as I was setting it up? 

Push the volume to max on the Roam using the buttons on top, and wind up the phone volume. See if that helps.