Skip to main content
Question

Roam Update Error (iOS and Windows)

• 23 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I’m creating a new thread as I tried asking in several other threads but haven’t yet heard back from anyone

I have this same Roam issue where you can kind of add it via iPhone app, but then it says “not registered” and when you click on “fix it” it gives error code 1,008. Everyone saying use windows app to update it

But how on earth are people getting the desktop app to update anything? I have downloaded, deleted and redownloaded the desktop app on my pc multiple times and never am I asked to update anything (I am using the latest app for windows). I have tried resetting my roam, adding it via my phone, getting to the “not registered” point, hitting fix it, then leaving it open on the screen when I see “error 1,008” and then I try to start up the desktop app but nothing happens. If I click on join an existing system, it just asks me to configure firewall and then opens the app but no mention of any updates and no sign of my roam within the devices. Only lists my other speakers that have already been added. And if instead of join an existing system, I click on start a new system, it just takes me back to the webpage where I downloaded the app. This is just nuts

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

The new app is the problem, I hope that they fix it soon otherwise they will have lost many, many customers.