Answered

roam turns off

• 19 June 2021
  • 4 replies

For the past two days, my roam turns itself off and the LED light blinks red. Yesterday I was able to read about a reset, but today that is not working. Is there an exact process to the reset? Will I have to do this daily?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 June 2021, 10:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Reboot the Roam following these steps:

1. Disconnect Roam from charging cables and remove it from wireless chargers.
  2. Hold the button on the back of Roam for at least five seconds until you hear the power-off tone and the light above the Sonos logo turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the button on the back of Roam to turn it back on.

Then redo the setup process if you don’t see it in the Sonos app.

I was on the beach. It was not plugged in. I held the back button down multiple times for different amounts of tIme and there was never a sound. Just the LED blinking red. 

Userlevel 7

If you actually reset the Roam, you need to reboot it and reconnect it to your WiFi network and redo the setup process in the Sonos app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jimlasher2 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you’re still having this problem, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.