Roam speaker

• 12 September 2021
  • 6 replies

I can’t get my roam speaker to hold a charge. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

What specifically are you using to charge the Roam? What exactly is it doing when you try to charge it?

I am using the cord that came with the speaker. It was charging all night and is only 33% charged. 

Userlevel 7

What charger are you using?

From Sonos:

“For the fastest charge, we recommend charging Roam with a 5V/2A (10W) USB power adapter. While Roam is capable of charging with a 5V/1.5A (7.5W) USB power adapter, you may experience slower charging times. Common 5V/1A (5W) phone chargers will not be able to charge Roam.”

I can try that. Of course with that said for what you pay for the speaker the appropriate charger should be included. I can’t remember if I read that recommendation when I was deciding to purchase the Roam speaker. 

... for what you pay for the speaker the appropriate charger should be included. 

At this point in time, it’s a tough call because we probably have a drawer full of chargers from discarded or recycled products and including another charger will eventually clog the landfills more and more. Also, many people are now using chargers with multiple outlets in an effort to reduce charger clutter and an included charger would immediately go to the discarded charger drawer.

Not that I disagree with your point. All I’m saying is if that’s what they recommend to charge there speakers it should be included or better specified. I have plenty of chargers to just not the ones recommended.