Roam SL setup

I've been gifted a roam SL for my birthday, I'm pretty tech minded but cannot for the life set it up. I spoke to live chat yesterday but they were about much use as a chocolate fire guard. 

Upon setting up the roam via the app, it goes through the discovery, the audio PIN but then it just gets stuck on connecting .

I thought it may be issues with my mesh network so tried again connecting to my main router instead. I get to the same point again. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, tried setting up a new account with a different email but still nothing. For something of this price bracket I expected more 

Any ideas on what to do? Or should I just admit defeat and send it back and replace with something more reliable

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +5

I installed a Roam SL a few days ago (bought my self) and one thing I remembered that I have to to select a Wifi SSID (network) with the wifi password. Did you get the same question, and did you provide the correct answers?

And as a tech minded person, do not admit defeat.

I installed a Roam SL a few days ago (bought my self) and one thing I remembered that I have to to select a Wifi SSID (network) with the wifi password. Did you get the same question, and did you provide the correct answers?

And as a tech minded person, do not admit defeat.

I didn't get asked that question

Just been through the process again and definitely not being asked that question

Badge +5

Was the Roam wired when you tried to install it <stupid question, Roam can not be connected wired>.

Is your Roam your first Sonos device?

If not, how are your other devices connected? Wired, SonosNet or Wifi. Can you describe your setup as close as possible?