Roam power button

• 8 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Can we alert Sonos through this facility to the extremely poor design of the Roam’s power button. Really difficult to turn on and off. Far too streamlined. Looks good but encourages violent response!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dewdrop 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thank you - we value all customer feedback, good and bad!

Can I ask why you find it difficult to power your Roam on and off? Is the button too hard to find without looking, or is it something else?

Hello Corry

It’s a combination of difficult to see and difficult to press. By that I mean because it’s so flush to the main body of the speaker it takes several attempts to get it to switch on, particularly if you have finger nails.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dewdrop 

Understood! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to feed this back to us!

Multi function, hard to press, single button, makes for confusing use.  This is a great example of something trying to look good rather than work well.  

Completely agree. No ‘click’ response either. Takes me 3 presses sometimes to turn it on. The fact that there are message boards querying if their button is defective tells you everything you need to know. It feels like it’s broken.

It’s the worst button ever. You didn’t mention how it turns on when bumped or if the button comes on contact with a flat surface. This makes it impossible to throw into a bag or keep in a suitcase and arrive anywhere with a full charge.

How this button survived prototyping is beyond me. Hate it. 😡