Answered

Roam is driving me Nuttts…

• 8 February 2024
  • 1 reply

No doubt this type of issue has been raised before, I’m “new” here and still attempting to find my way around, so please forgive in advance.

I have a really frustrating reoccurring problem with my Roam in that it just suddenly disconnects (today it disconnected 4 times in the space of 90 minutes).

I then attempt to reconnect (firstly via iTunes / airplay) and then in the Sonos app. I’m then met with a blank screen / can’t find your product etc with my Roam sitting no more than an inch away from me (I’ve stopped what I’m doing in an attempt to get the music going again).

Eventually after many attempts, taking 20 minutes or so, I reconnect after force closing all apps, going in to Sonos, doing the “finding your appliance”, found it but can’t connect so switch it off etc…..

But….during all of this and when trying to reconnect Roam to airplay I can easily connect to my Ray / SL setup that I have in the “man cave”…but Roam is nowhere to be found (Ray is in another room in the house at least 6 - 8m away at all times).

The ongoing issue with Roam is honestly driving me up the wall….

please help / advise on what I can do to fix.

thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 February 2024, 23:35

View original

1 reply

It could be at least two different things, but maybe others, too. The first is simple wifi interference. Note that being too close is almost as bad as being too far away. 

The second is a possible duplicate IP address issue. I’d try powering off (unplug those with plugs, shut down those with batteries) all your Sonos devices. While they’re all turned off, reboot your router. Give the router a few minutes to reload everything, then plug back in your Sonos devices / power them back on. This will serve to force them both to reload all Sonos software, and get new IP addresses from the refreshed router.

If, however, neither of those fix the issue, you may want to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.