Skip to main content
Question

roam hammering noise

• 28 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello. My Roam suddenly made the full volume hammering noise and now it had disappeared from the app. I have held down the volume and play button and tried to turn it off and on again as advised in previous threads about this subject but still nothing. Most of the threads seem to be about two years old and have been closed. Did this ever get sorted please? Just been onto customer support UK but there is a 75 minute wait which I can't do right now. The white light at the top is on but the speaker light won't come on and of course it's gone from my app do cant do a diagnostic. 

Thanks for any help. 

4 replies

I recently bought and added a Roam 2 to my system. Today it exploded into a machine gun hammer sound and the controls were unresponsive. I had to bury it under a pillow and tried every thing possible in the app but it stopped when it wanted to. Is this years old issue still insoluble?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Ellie May & @Wolfydog 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

I’m sorry to hear of this issue you both had with your Roam models.

If you are unable to reset your speakers by following the instructions on our Factory reset your Sonos product help page, then I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for further assistance.

I hope this helps.

I have been facing the same problem for 3 days, after the noisy sound there was a little burning smell, I did a factory reset.... It didn't solve the problem, now my battery doesn't work anymore and the speaker doesn't turn on anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Hohammed 

Sorry to hear of the issue you had with your speaker - I highly recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. Please don’t attempt to use the speaker in the meantime.