Answered

Roam does not reset

• 11 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Instructions for Roam reset did not work. Now what? Why reset? Though it’s paired on Windows refuses to connect despite adding/removing/adding, etc. (works ok on Android).

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 May 2021, 17:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

If it works on Android, the issue isn’t the Roam, it’s your Windows machine. Can you provide more details about the the issues you’re having with the Windows installation?

Unit appears to have died - will not turn on. Tried various chargers, etc. Also before it died it the Bluetooth was tested on 3 separate Win 10 (latest)  and would not show up. Other devices (mouse, Bose speaker) worked fine.

Back to original question - any way to reset this device especially now that it won’t power up? Microphone light is on but will not turn off. Really wish Sonos would have put in a tactile on/off button.

If it appears to have died, your best bet would be call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.  The software running the device requires power in order to be reset, exactly in the same manner as you have to have a PC plugged in in order to reboot it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Support did manage to resurrect the Roam but still looking into Bluetooth issues causing ‘stuttering’ on both Android and Windows. I am very pleased with support.

Didn’t realize there was a Windows app (support.sonos.com > download the Sonos app) which works around my problem using WiFi.

It’s always harder than average trying to diagnose an issue via text...there’s just so much that can be lost in translation. And frankly, for some issues, there isn’t much the community can do. I’m delighted that you’re getting to where you should be. My experience with the Sonos support folk has been great as well, the few times I’ve needed to use them. More frequently, my issues have been addressed here, but as I say, that’s not always the case.