Answered

Roam Bluetooth keeps cutting out

• 15 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Last night we paired an Amazon firestick to the Roam via Bluetooth to watch a movie.

The sound to the speaker would drop for a second or so sporadically throughout but always came back.  Speaker and firestick (hooked up to a projector) were in close proximity.  I tried rebooting both and it did not solve the issue.  No other devices have been paired to the speaker

Any ideas or fixes available?

thank you for any help!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 15 May 2021, 18:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Last night we paired an Amazon firestick to the Roam via Bluetooth to watch a movie.

The sound to the speaker would drop for a second or so sporadically throughout but always came back.  Speaker and firestick (hooked up to a projector) were in close proximity.  I tried rebooting both and it did not solve the issue.  No other devices have been paired to the speaker

Any ideas or fixes available?

thank you for any help!

Maybe try a different WiFi channel for the streaming connection to the Fire-stick, particularly if it’s setup on the 2.4Ghz band. as that is the band used by Bluetooth too, or I guess you could try the Fire-stick wired, using the Amazon Ethernet adapter to reduce the possibility of any Wireless interference. See link:

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Ethernet-Adapter-Fire-Devices/dp/B074TC662N/ref=sr_1_7_sspa