Answered

Orange light of Death

• 24 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Have had a roam since April, today stopped working completely dead, unable to reset, when plugged in using supplied usb cable and a Sonos plug adapter all I get is a constant orange light 

Have I now got a door stop

😥😱

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 25 August 2021, 00:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

LED meanings here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/226?language=en_US It may have overheated?

Badge

Hiya nik9669a, I thought that too, however the unit has been unplugged and not used for over six hours before I had tried resetting. 

Think I'm gonna see if Sonos will replace it under warranty and looking around the forums think it's gonna be a painful experience

🐝

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I would think a less-than-six-month-old speaker replacement should be straight forward. The staff are busy so errors can happen, but I think it’s the exception rather than the rule. Good luck though: update us when it’s resolved. 

Hiya nik9669a, I thought that too, however the unit has been unplugged and not used for over six hours before I had tried resetting. 

Think I'm gonna see if Sonos will replace it under warranty and looking around the forums think it's gonna be a painful experience

🐝

Some users have mentioned that they were able to resolve the Roam’s amber battery LED condition themselves by these three steps…

1. Whilst off its charger, long-press on the Roam’s rear power button for 20-30 seconds.
  2. Return to USB-C charger, which has a power-output between 5v/1.5A and 5v/3A (ideally 5v/2.1A) and leave charging for approx. one hour
  3. Repeat step-1 off the charger again. If no joy, then contact Sonos Support
Badge

So after numerous emails of sending various types of videos still no joy on a replacement I'm beginning to think they want me to give up and go away.....what a joke "customer support" more like Customer frustration..…

Don't think I'll be buying Sonos products again if this is how it's gonna be when you get hardware issues......and faulty products

Badge

update ..…

After 23 various emails of supplying Sonos with videos and serial numbers and address, they agree to exchange, however I have to return my unit first, so they send another email asking me to fill in relevant info so UPS can send me a return label, still waiting for return label to be sent to me, I would have thought they would send out new unit with a return label for me to send faulty unit back most other companies would its as if they don't trust I will send old one back what a joke why am I as the customer with a faulty unit not (even 6 months old)  doing all the leg work 

Still waiting for a new roam unit.…