Skip to main content

Offgrid Portable Speaker

• 19 July 2024
  • 0 replies

I love my Sonos system. When my Bose bluetooth speaker hit EOL I opted for a Roam loving the idea that I could link it to my existing system but also take it anywhere with me. And it does work great at both. My only criticism is that it’s a power hog. I took it on my recent 5 day camping trip & was able to use it for campfire music the first night. The next day I used my portable power bank to charge it. This power bank should’ve been able to charge my iPhone 15 4 times. After charging my iphone once, the Roam sucked up the remainder of the power bank leaving me unable to charge anything else. We ended up using my friend’s cheap bluetooth speaker for most of the trip as it lasted just as long (didn’t actually time it & alcohol was consumed so don’t hold me to that lol) & was easier to recharge. I ended running my car for 30min to recharge my iPhone & power bank. I ordered a small portable solar panel for charging on Prime Days to hopefully help keep it charged next trip.

I know this is probably wishful thinking, but I’d love to see a portable Sonos speaker that wasn’t a battery hog - that could be used & easily charged when going offgrid.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!