Answered

Move/Move 2 Stereo Pair - will this work?

• 21 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I understand you cannot use a stereo pair of Sonos Move/Move 2’s as surrounds, but can you use them as a stereo pair and group them to other Sonos devices? 

Specifically, I have a patio TV and am running the headphone out on the patio TV to my AVR and Port setup inside. This has allowed me to group my existing Move to the Port and use it outside for the TV. I have been able to almost all but eliminate the delay--it’s good enough. It would be nice to have two for stereo/better sound in this use case. 

I seem to recall wanting to do this when I first bought the Move at introduction, but something I read had me reconsider. Just can’t recall.  

Will this work, or am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 21 March 2024, 23:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@brucemac 

Instead of grouping the single speaker room you can also do that with a stereo setup room. But you have to use to speakers of the same model to configure the stereo setup. Two Move1 or two Move2… they can’t be combined to use as a stereo pair. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@brucemac

Instead of grouping the single speaker room you can also do that with a stereo setup room. But you have to use to speakers of the same model to configure the stereo setup. Two Move1 or two Move2… they can’t be combined to use as a stereo pair. 

So you’re saying it will work, they just have to be the same model. That, I knew. Guess I should have bought a second gen 1 Move before they were all gone. :(   Not sure it’s worth paying for two Gen 2’s when the original is working fine. Any chance of Sonos.com having more stock on Gen 1’s? 

Userlevel 7

@brucemac

So you’re saying it will work, they just have to be the same model. That, I knew. Guess I should have bought a second gen 1 Move before they were all gone. :(   Not sure it’s worth paying for two Gen 2’s when the original is working fine. Any chance of Sonos.com having more stock on Gen 1’s? 

I’d keep an eye on the Certified Refurbished section of the Sonos website for new listings. You might be able to pick up a cheaper Move 1 or even a Move 2 there.

You might be able to find a stale stock Gen 1 at a dealer. Or, turn things inside out a little by purchasing a refurbished Gen 2 and selling your Gen 1. SONOS players hold their value fairly well.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Thanks for the replies all. I’ll keep an eye on the refurb site. Appreciate it.