Answered

Move keeps disconnecting

• 15 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello everybody out there,

My Sonos Move keeps disconnecting from the group and disappearing from my system after some time of not being used. I must restart it to find it available in the app and connect it again. It is wi-fi connected and always on the charger.

I am sure some of you may have experienced the same, but I could not find anything that could solve my individual case from the solutions I have read.

Looking forward to hearing your ideas. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 March 2024, 03:50

View original

3 replies

Have you set up a reserved IP address for it in your router?  Have you read the wifi interference FAQ, and applied any potential solutions it presents? Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of reconnecting, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

Hello Airgetlam,

Have you set up a reserved IP address for it in your router?  Have you read the wifi interference FAQ, and applied any potential solutions it presents?

No, I have not. To be honest, I am not even familiar with these things. 

Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of reconnecting, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

I have done this once. I had Sonos Support call me and at first it seemed it would help but then at some point it started disconnecting again.

So what you suggest is to wait until Move disconnects again, reconnect, submit a system diagnostic withing 10 minutes and call the support? Thanks, I will do that!

I’d check your routers manual on how to set up reserved IP addresses for your Sonos, too. It seems hard, but after the initial ‘OMG’, it’s actually pretty easy. I was initially afraid I would mess it up, but after two, it became old hat.

You can do essentially the same thing, although much more temporarily, by unplugging your router from power, and then unplugging your Sonos. Plug the router back in, and give it a couple of minutes before plugging back in your Sonos. This does several things…forcing your router to reload a fresh system, and the Sonos to both reload a new OS, but also request a fresh IP address from the renewed router system. 

But contacting Sonos with a diagnostic is always a good idea, when you have an issue. They have access to the hard data in that diagnostic that we in this community don’t.