Answered

Move & Apple Music on Mac Issue

Hi all,

let me quickly explain. I use an MacMini M1 and installed Apple Music to stream to my 2 SONOS Move’s. The speakers show up on Apple Music as expected but I am not able to get any sound out of them. The connection is getting dropped. (all devices are on the same network)

If I restart the Mac, it works from beginning without any issue but in case I leave the desk vor 20 minutes and stopped the music before, the same issues as mentioned before occurs. No sound. After a quick restart it works again.

No idea what I can do about that.

icon

Best answer by BMF 15 July 2022, 21:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Not sure I understand. Are you using AirPlay 2 to connect to your Sonos Moves, or are you using the Sonos controller? Have you submitted a diagnostic and contacted Sonos, and if so, what feedback did they give you?

I am using the AirPlay Option. With the Sonos Controller everything works as expected but I want to use the native Apple Music App on my Mac. I havent submitted anything yet.

There’s unlikely much that will be in the Sonos diagnostic, then, since you’re essentially bypassing the Sonos software. It would, however, probably show if there were a hardware issue. But I would expect it not to be able to identify an Apple AirPlay 2 issue, and unfortunately that is where my expectation is. Once you’re done talking to Sonos, I’d be talking to Apple next. 

Thank you. What makes this pretty suspicious is the fact that after restarting the mac, it works from beginning, every time.

Thank you. What makes this pretty suspicious is the fact that after restarting the mac, it works from beginning, every time.

Looking briefly online, other users have this Airplay issue with their MAC mini too… here’s one example link (of many) seen in a search for the issue mentioned:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/668739

Maybe reach out to Apple support if you cannot find an answer to this online.

Looking briefly online, other users have this Airplay issue with their MAC mini too… here’s one example link (of many) seen in a search for the issue mentioned:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/668739

Maybe reach out to Apple support if you cannot find an answer to this online.

Man this saved my life :D Now it seems to work, seems like an Apple issue they still didnt fix

Sorry I tried it now 1h later and again the same **stuff**….. This Apple drives me crazy

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Works again…. 

Works again…. 

Maybe give Apple Customer Support a call, they may have some other things you can perhaps try.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I think this is by design from Apple.

I had this issue when using AirPlay from a MacMini (intel) to Sonos Ones

I tried a HomePod and it behaved exactly the same way.

I gave up and now use a Beam via optical, probably now what you want to hear.

I guess AirPlay is designed, by Apple, to be a temporary connection and not a more permanent solution.