Answered

Move and Roam not appearing in Sonos App

• 10 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Sorry to start I’m not that technical- can get by but nothing more!

I seem to keep losing the Move and Roam from my App. Has only just started happening. I have a BT router with a playbar connected via Ethernet. All of the non portable items show up fine without issue.

I also have a BT disc in the front of the house to ensure coverage. 
Is there anything obvious I’m missing? But it not takes multiple attempts to open and close the app, or I have to try and find the products - which involves turning them off and sometimes the router - hardly user friendly for portable speakers! 

Any suggestions much appreciated 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 June 2023, 15:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It’s difficult to not be too technical when it comes to networking, but anyhow, with some BT routers there are SSDP multicast ‘device discovery’ issues between its network segments - I would maybe see what happens if you temporarily switch off the routers 5Ghz WiFi adapter (consult router manual, if necessary) and leave all wireless network devices in the Home running on the 2.4Ghz WiFi band only - Also leave the ‘disc’ access point powered off and just see if that resolves your issue.

If it does, I would suggest ‘bridging’ your router, or putting it into ‘modem mode’ …and using your own (purchased) router instead, particularly as the ones sometimes provided by BT seem to be poor quality by all accounts from various online sources.

Badge +1

Great thanks will take a look