Skip to main content
Answered

Move 2 wont link to existing sonos system

• 11 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I’ve tried connecting my new Move 2 Sonos to an existing Sonos system (Sonos Amp 2 and Sonos sub) however every time I try I get the same error: could not link move 2 to Sonos system. I have tried factory resetting the move 2 , doesn’t work. I have tried turning everything off and back on, doesn’t work. 

Really frustrated considering I bought this today and thought it was just plug in, connect and play.

Ive tried calling Sonos but they are not open here in the UK on Saturday.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Worked fine until new app update.  Now having same issue.  I recently reinstalled the app and when using it for the “first” time (again) it asked which system I wanted to access.  It put move2 into its own system.  So I can control the move, or the rest of my products but can not get it so that I can have both in the same system.  This new app made me go from loving sonos to wanting to throw it out!

I managed to get it working by doing a factory reset on the Move 2, then logged out of my Sonos account on the app, logged back in and started the installation of Move 2 again. It linked first time. 

Badge

I’ve had the same problems since the system updated last month, done all of the above, and can’t link to either wifi or bluetooth on the Move speaker. 

Sonos chat is unavailable during the hours they’ve given on the support website. So frustrating.

Badge

Chat became available again, and Francis was able to solve the issues: Move not on the system and could’t connect to bluetooth or wifi, desktop system kept asking my to update but then said I was using the latest system. I had already tried factory reset, logging in and out, deleting and reinstalling the app. But Francis fixed it. I’ve had many Sonos products in my home for more than 15 years and have found that the chat feature is the best way to get the support I (rarely) need. 

Chat became available again, and Francis was able to solve the issues: Move not on the system and could’t connect to bluetooth or wifi, desktop system kept asking my to update but then said I was using the latest system. I had already tried factory reset, logging in and out, deleting and reinstalling the app. But Francis fixed it. I’ve had many Sonos products in my home for more than 15 years and have found that the chat feature is the best way to get the support I (rarely) need. 

How?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

How?

Have you tried the steps in the post marked “Answer”?

How?

Have you tried the steps in the post marked “Answer”?

Yes and it worked for me too, was just interested in any other method.