Skip to main content

I am trying to connect my Move 2 to my tv but am having issues.  I have an optical cable that goes into the back of my tv, and the other end has a toslink plug.  I know I need an adapter to plug into the Move 2, but I can’t seem to find what I need.  Can someone help me understand what adapter I need in this situation?

Thank You

Optical from the tv is digital.  I think the Move 2 line in is analog in only.  Does your TV have an analog out?  If so the Sonos adapter that connects to the Move 2 is 3.5mm female to USB C.  Most TV analog outputs these days are 3.5mm.  So you would need a 3.5mm male  to  3.5mm male cable.  That cable would plug into the Sonos adapter.

There’s always Bluetooth if your TV does that.

Thank you, MoPac.  Is this what I need?  Red/White end plug into TV & the 3.5 mm male end plug into the adapter.

I did connect via Bluetooth, but there was a big delay.  It would be great to connect this way, but I don’t know how to fix that delay.  If there is a way, I’d be all ears.

If the “red/white” is the right connection for the tv, that’s what you’ll need - plus the Sonos adaptor that @MoPac already mentioned. Even with this, though, there will be about a 70msec delay to the sound. The delay is inherent in the way Sonos works, but is only apparent when there’s an external reference such as a video signal. The Sonos soundbars minimise this delay for tv input, so are a better solution for tv audio. 

Thank you, Nik.  Very helpful feedback!  Such a bummer there is a delay even with a cable connection.  It’s not a huge deal, I didn’t buy the speaker for a tv, but thought I’d give it a shot with my outdoor tv. I appreciate the feedback, thanks again.