Answered

Melted Move charge and charger contacts

• 14 November 2023
  • 12 replies

Surely this is not to be expected?  My Move will no longer charge.  Anyone else?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 15 November 2023, 10:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

This is the first report of this issue that I've seen.

So, you answered your own question.

I’d be curious about what charger you had this plugged in to? And what Sonos Support said when you called in? 

@tonyhenderson766 

@Airgetlam genuine Sonos Move charger original equipment shown in second photo

The second photo isn’t of the device that plugs into the wall? From what I see, it’s where the speaker sits in the mount? What I’m asking about is the device that provides electricity to that cable and stand. In particular, the voltage and amperage of that wall plug, but a picture of it would be great. 

And I’m still curious about what Sonos said when you called in. 

@Airgetlam i will call Support tomorrow when I have more time.  Photos you requested:

Thanks!

Certainly seems unusual, I’ll be interested to hear what Sonos says. 

Sonos were great. They escalated this and replaced it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @mpasquar, welcome to the Sonos Community!

This isn’t what we expect from the Move charger and as the other users in this thread have suggested, reaching out to support to discuss with them is the best solution here.

From what I understood in the thread, you were going to contact support today, but if it’s okay with you, I can have our team reach out to you via the email you have registered with on our community. Please let me know which option you’d prefer to proceed with.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for their input and I hope this helps!

@Jamie A yes, please reach out.  Thank you so much!

@tony-henderson766 thanks for commenting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @mpasquar,

We have created a ticket and one of our colleagues will reach out to you shortly on the email you got registered in our Community.