Answered

listening speakers in bluetooth mode

• 16 August 2023
  • 3 replies

why can’t I listen to two speakers move in bluetooth mode at the same time?

iphone usage as audio broadcasting system

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 17 August 2023, 04:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Bluetooth isn’t supported on a stereo pair of Moves nor can Bluetooth audio be shared from a Move.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I connected to five Sonos speakers using the app which told me they were all on bluetooth. When I go back and try again to connect multiple moves, play1, beam, and a roam, the app brings up a pop-up tour of the Move. On the roam the led can be blue even when the roam is connected wi-fi. Very confusing user experience, at least for this user.

BEAM and PLAY:1 do not support Bluetooth. The capability of sending to multiple Bluetooth clients is a property of the source device. The players support a single Bluetooth connection. The source must be able to manage multiple simultaneous Bluetooth clients. In the case of ROAM, it can share the music arriving over its Bluetooth connection with other players over ROAM’s WiFi connection. This is how ROAM supports a stereo pair. You can Group other players with a ROAM while ROAM is receiving Bluetooth.

As a quickie test I started playing my iPad through a stereo pair of ROAM’s then Grouped another Room. As I attempted to link the iPad to another Bluetooth device, the iPad dropped the ROAM feed.