iMac Can't Find Product

Hi all, picked up a Roam the other day (also have an Arc on backorder). These are my first Sonos products. I've connected the Roam successfully through both my iPhone and iPad, and it's working as it should using these devices. Unfortunately I can't connect via my iMac. I get the message:

"Not Connected. Your Sonos product was not found. If your product is a long way from your router, your may need to try moving it closer...."

I've spent about an hour on the phone with Sonos support. We tried multiple procedures (rebooting, verifying wifi networks, re-installing the app, etc.), and seemingly last on the list was updating my OSX. I'm currently using 10.14.6. The thing is, it's an older machine (2017) and I'm just not prepared to update to the latest OSX out of fear that it will cause a major disruption in my personal and professional life.

Hoping someone reading this might have some help. I need to connect via my Mac because I do not use any music streaming sites, and I want to link my iTunes library to Sonos. If I cannot connect with the computer, the Roam is getting returned.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @bdscott74, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

After taking a look at the case notes there are a few things I’d like to check;

Looks like your router is broadcasting separate 2.4 and 5GHz networks, with the Roam being connected via 5GHz - is the Mac also on the 5GHz connection?

Do you have any other security software running on the Mac? For example, we’ve seen some people having issues with Sophos when installed on a Mac, which may be worth looking in to.

It also looked like the Roam was getting a fairly weak signal from the 5GHz network, it may be worth either moving it closer to the router, or setting it up on the 2.4GHz network instead.

Let us know how you get on :)

Thanks for the reply. I had initially tried using the 2.4 network but had no luck. I’ve tried again but still no luck.

I have no security software running.

I’ve also tried moving the Roam right beside the router (on both 2.4 and 5) and still nothing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Understood - is the Mac connected via Ethernet or WiFi? If it’s on Ethernet, would it be possible to test on the WiFi, and vice versa?

Let us know if this helps :)