Skip to main content
Question

Getting bored with Sonos Roam

• 28 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Has anyone had any luck getting a refund for their Sonos Roam via John Lewis (still within 2 year warranty) ?

When it works the sound is great the user interface is so buggy and inconsistent - turning on, connecting with Alexa, bluetooth all work sometimes and not others - I’ve tried the various resets, updates etc but the user experience is rubbish (and the button is pants) 

By contast the kids have various Ultimate Ears devices (Wonderboom, Megaboom) which never fail to turn on/of or connect etc.    

Just wondered what others have done (or perhaps moved to another make)?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Has anyone had any luck getting a refund for their Sonos Roam via John Lewis (still within 2 year warranty) ?

When it works the sound is great the user interface is so buggy and inconsistent - turning on, connecting with Alexa, bluetooth all work sometimes and not others - I’ve tried the various resets, updates etc but the user experience is rubbish (and the button is pants) 

By contast the kids have various Ultimate Ears devices (Wonderboom, Megaboom) which never fail to turn on/of or connect etc.    

Just wondered what others have done (or perhaps moved to another make)?

I’ve put the Roam on a charger, use it as a stationary speaker sometimes. Actually right now it’s a brick and won’t update with the app.

No one in my family would use it as a Bluetooth speaker because getting it to switch over etc sucks. 30$ UE clone from Aliexpress instead.

Prior to the new app there were all kinds of posts about broken Roams, mostly battery issues. I would return it if you can, just my opinion. 

The new Roam 2 is apparently easier to switch to Bluetooth so if you like the sound you might want to check it out.