Skip to main content

How can i connect a dj mixer to sonos move? What do i need? 

You’ll need to attach the mixer output to a SONOS unit that offers a Line-In, such as a PORT, FIVE, AMP, or an ERA-100 or ERA-300 while using the USB adaptor. There are also some older units with Line-In. You would then Group the Line-In capable device with the MOVE.

Overall, I don’t recommend attempting to use this any SONOS speakers in a live venue because there is a latency between Line-In and output from SONOS players that will drive most DJ’s crazy.

Also, you’ll need access to a WiFi network. 

You could attach a Bluetooth transmitter to the mixer output. I would not attempt this, but it would be inexpensive to try out.

So you believe that using a mixer with a sonos could not be very goods idea

The mixer will not be the problem. As Buzz has already said, the problem is the delay that Sonos adds to the system. It’s unavoidable, because it’s the only way to synchronise the output from multiple speakers. But it means that a DJ using headphones connected directly to the source will have to cope with a time difference between what they hear in the headphones and what they hear in the room.

Professional DJ’s with lots of experience in large halls are used to a delay. Inexperienced amateurs operating in a basement or small hall are very frustrated by a delay.

SONOS is extremely well designed, but it is not designed to be used in sound reinforcement applications. I’ll say similar for professional sound systems that are very appropriate in a large hall, everyone loves the results, but I would never use that equipment in my home because it sounds bad in a home environment.