Answered

defective product and defective customer support

• 5 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Can anyone help please?

I have two Sonos roams and two of the charging stations. Neither of the roams will charge and the stations are clearly of no use to me now because the roams don’t work. 

sonos refuse to refund me for the defective products and won’t refund me for the charging stations because they aren’t broken. 

any suggestions? 

thank you 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 5 September 2021, 13:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Same here. Roam won’t charge and Sonos support not only won’t help but very offensive and rude. 
this is a terrible company and they knew the roam was faulty yet carried on selling it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can anyone help please?

I have two Sonos roams and two of the charging stations. Neither of the roams will charge and the stations are clearly of no use to me now because the roams don’t work. 

sonos refuse to refund me for the defective products and won’t refund me for the charging stations because they aren’t broken. 

any suggestions? 

thank you 

Hi

Are these the standard Sonos wireless charging stations? Sorry to ask basic questions but are you placing the magnetised end on the charger?  What colour is the status light of the Roam when placed on the charging station?  When placed on the charging station, what happens if you briefly touch the power button?

Have you tried to connect the USB cable directly into the Roam?

Can anyone help please?

any suggestions? 

thank you 

Hi

Are these the standard Sonos wireless charging stations? Sorry to ask basic questions but are you placing the magnetised end on the charger?  What colour is the status light of the Roam when placed on the charging station?  When placed on the charging station, what happens if you briefly touch the power button?

Have you tried to connect the USB cable directly into the Roam?

hi and thanks for helping. Yeah they are the official roam stations and Sonos cables. I’ve sent videos to Sonos and gone through all of the reset procedures but they just dont work. So effectively I ha e four Sonos products that are fit fit for purpose and Sonos won’t do anything about it 

hi and thanks for helping. Yeah they are the official roam stations and Sonos cables. I’ve sent videos to Sonos and gone through all of the reset procedures but they just dont work. So effectively I ha e four Sonos products that are fit fit for purpose and Sonos won’t do anything about it 

Which reset process did you do - can you perhaps describe the steps taken? Also, if they are faulty, have you spoken to support staff on the telephone and if so, what level of support did you get to and what did they say/mention?

Which reset process did you do - can you perhaps describe the steps taken? Also, if they are faulty, have you spoken to support staff on the telephone and if so, what level of support did you get to and what did they say/mention?

Hi Ken,

yeah I went through all of the steps on the phone with a Sonos chap who said it was indeed faulty and passed me to customer support to arrange a replacement. I asked for a refund after reading lots of other poor reviews and they refused and closed the ticket. They now won’t reply at all despite having knowledge that o have four useless products. 

I think you perhaps need to raise the issue with Sonos, (maybe at another level) as you’re unlikely to achieve anything further through the user community forum here. There are options to contact senior management if you still have no joy. See these links:

Sonos Warranty

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/5024

Product Returns

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/5030

Support Links including emailing Sonos Management

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

You are more likely to achieve the desired outcome if you follow the links.

Ken - thank you! That’s so helpful. It’s a shame because I have other Sonos products but the attitude of their support team means I won’t ever buy or recommend Sonos products again 

Ken - thank you! That’s so helpful. It’s a shame because I have other Sonos products but the attitude of their support team means I won’t ever buy or recommend Sonos products again 

Well that’s perhaps something you can also mention too when you have established contact.