Dead Sonos Roam

• 9 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a Sonos Roam that just stopped working. I bought it in April, 2022 so it is about a year and a half old.

Symptoms:

1. Over the past weeks, it has not charged fully on the charging pad. I know it is the Roam and not the pad because I have two Roams and two pads. Swapped them and the other Roam did not have a problem charging.
  2. It would charge to 100% if I plugged into the USB-C port.
  3. Two days ago, it was dead. Not charging on the pad. When I plug power into the USB port, the red charging light stays on continuously. Actually for over 24 hours at this point.
  4. Pressing the button on the back of the speaker does nothing. It doesn’t turn on. It does not try to connect to blue tooth. It has no effect on the red charging light.

I’m guessing the battery died and am wondering if there is a fix-it kit much like with the Move. Before I try to take it apart I figured I should talk to the experts…

cheers,

dan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There is no quick change battery replacement kit. If you are handy, search for DIY battery replacement videos.