Answered

constant red light on Sonos Move

• 22 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

There is suddenly s constant red light on my 2020 Sonos Move. It is totally dead - cannot turn on or anything. What can I do?
Constant red light is not described in the user manual

icon

Best answer by buzz 22 October 2023, 11:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I suggest that you contact support. Refrain from Factory Reset prior to contacting support.

There is suddenly s constant red light on my 2020 Sonos Move. It is totally dead - cannot turn on or anything. What can I do?
Constant red light is not described in the user manual

Here is a description of the LED lights on Sonos products…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-led-lights

I would follow @buzz’s advice and contact Sonos Support via this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Badge

Thanks. The problem is that a constant red light is not mentioned

Thanks. The problem is that a constant red light is not mentioned

I suspect a hardware fault (just a guess on my part), but it’s still best to contact Sonos Support in any event. They may get you to try a battery removal, but wait and see what they say.

I’m having the same problem and constant red light is not mentioned in the light description. Did you get a response from support team?

thanks,

sarah

Badge

Yes. A sad one. Mine was 2,5 years and outside any warranty and therefore Sonos would not repair it. They said that I could try to buy a new battery to see if this would fix it. It didn’t so I returned the battery and got the money back. Only option for the Move was to send it to Sonos and get a 30% discount voucher at a new purchase. I therefore returned the Move because it was useless. I am bit angry with Sonos so I don’t know if I will ever use the voucher. I think a (relatively expensive) speaker should last for more the 2-3 years