Skip to main content
Question

connecting Sonos Roam SL to bluetooth

• 1 July 2024
  • 0 replies

I hope I’m not going over something already discussed and resolved elsewhere but I’m new to this and don’t really know where to start. 

I have bought a Sonos Roam SL (SRSL) which I want to set up with bluetooth (not wifi in my home) to my iPhone 11. Sonos Roam SL (which I think may be a discontinued product ??) is not on the list of Sonos products when I set up an account so I’ve just selected Sonos Roam. 

I’m not the most up-to-date tech user but I think I’m not totally useless either, anyhow I think I’ve tried just about everything at least twice but nothing is working. In various places it refers to a blue light on the sonos but I have not seen a blue light - only red, green and white. I’ve also reset the speaker and started again. 

I have a Sonos system in my home using a Sonos 1 controller, also on the iPhone, and I don’t want to update to the Sonos 2 controller at home (which probably has nothing to do with all this anyhow) because I’m assured it won’t sound any better.  

For purposes of setting up the new speaker I have downloaded Sonos 2 controller onto my iPhone as I’m told somewhere that the SRSL won’t work with the old controller. I’m also told that, to connect via bluetooth, it has to be connected to wifi first although I don’t intend using it with wifi. I’ve tried doing that and get error message 1101 so I followed all instructions. I’m really about to give up.

Can anyone help??? 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!