Connecting Move to MYX Fitness Bike

• 3 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I bought a MYX Fitness bike with 22” Bluetooth enabled display. The bike pairs with Bluetooth headphones but doesn’t recognize my Move. My Move is working and pairs with other wireless devices. I contacted MYX and they said they don’t support wireless speakers (I didn’t know it was possible for a Bluetooth device to pair with headphones but not Bluetooth speakers). However the bike does pair and connect to my old Big Jambox wireless speaker. I’ve seen the thread here that Peloton has a similar issue. Anyone able to surmise whether or not I’ll be able to connect to the MYX bike… and how? 

thanks! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @AMG in SF.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I’d be glad to assist you with this.

By default, Sonos Move will attempt to connect to the most recent device it was paired with. Sonos Move can remember up to the last 6 devices it was connected to. Try to turn off the BT on the devices you previously paired over BT with the Move. If those devices are not transmitting BT, it will force the Move to look for the MYX bike. 

Let me know how that goes.

Yes, I tried this as I read it was the fix for Peloton. I had previously paired Move with iPhone and iPad. I turned off the Bluetooth on each and tried again to pair Move with MYX. Didn’t work. I’ve since tried pairing an Anker Bluetooth speaker to MYX and it connected without issue. I’ve tried to follow the step to reset Move but still no connection. 

Is it possible MYX and Move simply aren’t compatible while MYX does work with other Bluetooth speakers? 

thanks! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @AMG in SF.

Thanks for your response.

While it might be possible that this is a compatibility issue between the devices but it’s hard to tell when there isn’t much left to try. 

Alternatively, you may reach out to Sonos Support so we can take a closer look at this in real-time. I suggest phone support because they have more resources and tools available on their system for advanced troubleshooting.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out.