Answered

Connecting linked Fives to Bluetooth via Roam

• 11 December 2023
  • 6 replies

I want to buy a pair of Fives for my room. They’ll be linked/paired as a stereo pair. 

Can I connect them to a Roam device over WiFi and play music from them via Bluetooth through the Roam (using the Roam as a gateway)?  E.g. I want to stream some YouTube music from my phone. I would stream it via Bluetooth to the Roam and then through that to the Fives. 

If not, I guess the only way is to plug in a Bluetooth receiver via the line-in connection?  And if so, could I do that and still have the music play over the linked pair?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 December 2023, 19:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Thanks @Stanley_4 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You could play directly from the Fives without having to Group them with the Roam.

No I tried to say you wouldn’t give up options, not that you would.

Either way the Fives won’t give up any other options for music sources.

And sorry what do you mean by this - I wouldn’t be able to use YouTube as a source from my phone?

Thanks both.  @Stanley_4  why would I find the receiver more convenient?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You might find the Bluetooth receiver hooked one of the Five’s line-in jacks more convenient. You’d still have the other input jack available for a turntable or the like.

Either way the Fives won’t give up any other options for music sources.

Yes. Stream the Bluetooth to the Roam, then use the Sonos controller to group the two rooms together.