Answered

Cannot switch Roam into Bluetooth mode

• 1 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello!

I got Sonos Roam 2 months ago. I connected it to my Sonos system at home, integrated with Google home and Google assistant. Worked just fine.

Now I took it with myself for Easter family reunion. I wanted to listen to music via Bluetooth but the speaker cannot switch to Bluetooth at all.

When pressing the powet bottom for 2 seconds I get the chime but the led is still white, also my phone, nor anyones phone nor even PC, finds it.

I thought that maybe I somehow factory reset it, but when trying to connect it to my app via wifi It gets connected by after that it says I need to register it, and to do so I must factory reset it.

I tried holding power for 15 secs, keeping away from charger and turning off and on. Nothing helps. How do I make it switch to Bluetooth?

Sawpel

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 April 2024, 10:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sawpel 

Thanks for your post!

It does sound like you were following the correct steps - fully outlined on our Pair Sonos Roam with Bluetooth support page - but without the desired results. I understand how frustrating this must be.

Forcing a reboot by holding the button for 15 seconds was definitely worth trying - as it did not help, however, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

As you are - presumably - still away from home and the rest of your Sonos system, I do not recommend a factory reset - you would need to create a new system in the app, and reset the Roam again when you get home. It’s best to get in touch with our team before trying anything so drastic.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Thank you very much for your answer. It looks like I have a faulty model, a replacement process have started.

Thank you again, have a nice day! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sawpel 

That’s unfortunate, but I am glad a resolution has been found! Thanks for updating the thread!

Thank you, is there an adapter that converts the speaker to Bluetooth

The speaker I have is a ONE SL

No, there is no adapter. You would need to get a Sonos speaker that has Bluetooth built in, such as the Roam or Move gen 2. If you were on WiFi, you could then group the two speakers. 

Ok thanks