Answered

Brand-new ERA 300 (“The Brick™️”) Doesn’t Work

• 30 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Brand-new ERA 300 won’t run Trueplay and regular playback does a quick fadeout to zero volume (although appears to continue playing the track).

wondering why I fronted the money for something really fancy with very few controls, quite cryptic, in order to manage the clientele adjusting complex web-based audio, which is all great, except the product doesn’t work.

The chat bot was ridiculously unhelpful. No, I don’t want to buy more Sonos products at this time, but, thank you, as always.

Any ideas, thoughts, or prayers?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 30 March 2023, 22:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Yes.  Submit a diagnostic and call support directly.  If you have a faulty device they’ll be able to get you a replacement.

Also, I recommend dropping the attitude.  When you’re at least pleasant to work with, people are much more eager to help you reach a happy solution.  If you just take out your frustration on someone trying to help you, whether paid or not, they just want to get rid of you as quickly as they can.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Are you using it paired with a sonos sound bar? I previously had all my gadgets connected via ethernet, with the radios off. To get mine working I needed to enable the radios on the soundbar and sub.

Yes.  Submit a diagnostic and call support directly.  If you have a faulty device they’ll be able to get you a replacement.

Also, I recommend dropping the attitude.  When you’re at least pleasant to work with, people are much more eager to help you reach a happy solution.  If you just take out your frustration on someone trying to help you, whether paid or not, they just want to get rid of you as quickly as they can.

Just stating facts. 

Facts & Law. It’s very 2023!

I look forward to working with Sonos support. 💗 

Of course you are . . . 🙄