Answered

Bluetooth pairing but no sound

• 1 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I’ve recently bought a SONOS 100. Done the setup via Wifi and worked on wifi with my iPhone & my Mac. But when I pair it using Bluetooth, it pairs but there’s no sound at all (either device). 

I’m often on 5G on my phone at home and want to use this speaker by connecting it on my phone on Bluetooth when getting home. 

Did I buy the wrong speaker and I can’t use it on Bluetooth ? 

Thanks,

Nicolas

icon

Best answer by Schlumpf 2 October 2023, 13:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@nguerin 

I think you’re talking about a Sonos Era100 speaker… if so, you should be able to play audio via bluetooth on it. 
Did you try to delete the bt pairing on iPhone an to pair the phone and speaker again?

When connected, does the speaker led show blue? Does the iPhone show the active bt connection?

What source on iPhone are you playing audio from?

@Schlumpf 
Thanks for the answer. Yes this is the Era100 Speaker. 
I tried deleting the pairing on iPhone & Mac and pair again it does the same. Yes the led show blue & it says active connection on the phone/Mac bluetooth page.

I’m playing audio from Spotify & Youtube

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@nguerin 

So everything looks fine and it should work. 
I suggest you contact Sonos support team to check if there’s something wrong on hatdware side. 
https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/contact

Select your country at bottom of page. 

I am having the same issue with the Era 100 paired via bluetooth to a sony turntable. Says it is paired, blue lights are on, and until this week has worked fine. Now no music plays. Have tried all the usual unpairing and repairing, factory resets etc.

Turntable will pair with a JBL speaker and play, plus the Era100 plays via bluetooth on my phone.

So, a real mystery!!

Sonos has said, in other, newer threads, that they’re aware of the issue, and are hoping to have a resolution soon.