Answered

Anyone Else Having Difficulty Distinguishing Between Power-off and Sleep With the Roam?

• 26 August 2021
  • 3 replies

I find it difficult and frustrating to find the Roam drained every time I go to use it.  I try to turn it off rather than putting it to sleep - but I find it hard to tell the difference.  I’ve read 5 second press will turn it off - but that just puts it into BT pairing mode.  I wish Sonos would change the firmware to make is easier to distinguish between sleep/off - if there is such a thing.  It’s usually well drained when I go to use it.  Otherwise I love the speaker.  Frustrating…

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 27 August 2021, 00:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Listen for the descending chime. When you press and hold the button down for about five seconds, you will hear a descending chime before the Roam powers off completely.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Watch the UPnP Zone events on the network. The device’s actual state often does not match the LED state: it can be awake with no LED, and sleeping with one on. (Caveat: I haven’t tested this since the Roam firmware update earlier this week).

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Further testing with the updated Roam firmware indicates the issues with the LED state not always matching the actual device state has been fixed.