Answered

Amazon music goes silent when playing on my roam

Badge

I can be playing an album through Amazon Music on my Roam when it suddenly goes silent.  I can see that the song still plays on the roam as time moves.  I have tried switching off and on again but it doesn’t work.

However, there is no issue if I go to a myTuner radio station or a Pocket Casts podcast.  I can then go back to Amazon Music later and it plays fine.  I can’t see any correlation between the album being in HD or UHD.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 May 2023, 10:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

I also have a problem playing Amazon Music over my Sonos Roam….just won’t connect - started a coupple of months ago. First I could get Amazon Music to play if I disconnected and reconnected or paired and unpaired, now I get nothing!

Maybe try the Roam on a different WiFi band and/or channel - so as an example, if the speaker is on the less-penetrating 5Ghz band, then try it on the 2.4Ghz band instead and set it to use a fixed ‘non-overlapping’ WiFi channel 1, 6 or 11 (and if the router allows, limit its channel-width to 20Mhz only to get interference to a minimum) and just see if that resolves the issue and the demands of HD/UltraHD audio across the local network.

Thanks Ken, but correction, I am trying to connect Amazon Music to my Roam via bluetooth.

Thanks Ken, but correction, I am trying to connect Amazon Music to my Roam via bluetooth.

Is MyTuner and Pocket Casts through bluetooth as well?  Have you tried to see if the same issue with  Amazon music happens when connecting to a different bluetooth speaker or headphones?

Does the issue exist when Roam is connected or disconnected to WiFi?

Interesting, just connected Amazon Music to my headphones via bluetooth and no problem! 

Interesting, just connected Amazon Music to my headphones via bluetooth and no problem! 

Does the Roam’s WiFi connection make a difference?

Ah okay, I’ve just tried playing Amazon Music HD (playlist chosen is ‘80s Hits to make you happy’) via Bluetooth to the Roam from an iPhone XR and it plays fine, no interruptions, or dropouts - screenshots attached. Maybe try a different BT TX (sending) device to the Roam and perhaps see what happens in that case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Justin Clark 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you submit a support diagnostic the next time this happens - though you’ll need to be connected to WiFi to do so. Once submitted, please get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Corry...the issue is that I just cannot get music to play on my Roam via bluetooth from the Amazon Music app either from my phone or my Acer PC. I can see its connecting technically but why does no sound come out! With the Sonos app, no problem connecting, but Amazon Music on the Sonos App just does not have the same touch and feel. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @David8 

I recommend you too get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.